Welcome to the official website of the Ryeland Flock Book Society Ltd. The RFBS is
a sheep society established in 1903 for the promotion and registration of pedigree
Ryeland and Coloured Ryeland sheep.
Ryeland Sheepare a traditional British sheep breeds. They are well known for producing
excellent quality lamb and great tasting meat. Ryeland lamb is much sought after
by rare-breed butchers, top chefs, hotels and restaurants. Hand spinners and weavers
also seek out Ryeland wool for it texture and quality. Unlike some breeds of sheep
Ryelands are docile and easy to look after, which makes them ideal for smallholders
or people new to keeping sheep. Ryeland and Coloured Ryelandsdo well on a diet of
good grass, without the need for additional feed. This means they are particularly
suitable for organic lamb production.
• Ryeland sheep are easy to look after and ideal sheep for smallholders
• Ryeland Sheep provide good returns for the sheep breeder
• Ryeland Sheep make excellent mothers
• Ryeland Sheep produce high quality wool for hand spinning wool
• Ryeland sheep produce excellent quality meat and tasty, succulent fresh lamb
• Ryelands produce prime lambs from grass without requiring supplements
• Ryelands rarely suffer from foot problems.
If you're interested in keeping Ryeland Sheep and would like more details about the
Ryeland Flock Book Society or sheep for sale please contact us. The Society's stand
is also at many of the Agricultural Shows around the UK and members successfully
show their sheep in the various sheep breeds classes held at the county shows and
local shows. So if you're visiting Agricultural Shows during the year please come
and meet the members and their Ryeland Sheep. They'll be happy to talk to you about
Ryelands and provide advice on buying and keeping Ryeland sheep.